While it’s summer for some people around the world, here in the Northern hemisphere Winter is in full swing, and with it comes a frustrating array of colds, flus, and other illnesses.
If you are experiencing a cold, particularly a head cold, you may need some help draining the extra fluid that’s built up in your sinuses. And the following lymphatic massage may be just what the doctor ordered.
Simple and relaxing, you can do this technique all by yourself. The key is to go as slow as possible, and a very light touch is best. The whole thing may take you five to ten minutes to do, and really will help move things around, and down, and hopefully out. I tried the technique in the video yesterday and starting feeling movement in the back of my throat within just a few minutes.
Before you try, this please take note of this list of contraindications recommended by the RMT who made this video:
Contraindications for Lymphatic Drainage Massage
While it doesn’t feel invasive or deep, LDM can have a profound effect on the body because of its function within the immune system and its use of the circulatory system. If you have any of these conditions or problems, consult your physician before performing this on yourself:
- Fever, acute infection, early onset inflammatory disease. You need to wait until the acute phase is over and the fever is broken.
- Circulatory system problems, especially thrombosis. If there is any risk of embolism of phlebitis, do not use LDM and see your physician immediately.
- Cardiac issues such as heart disease, acute angina pectoris or coronary thrombosis (heart attack). Using LDM increases the fluid load on the heart, and compromised cardiac systems should not be subjected to LDM.
- Active bleeding, internal or external.
- Active malignant cancers, undiagnosed lumps, or tumours whose origins have not been determined by your physician.
- High risk pregnancy or late term pregnancy with complications
This likely won’t remove all the congestion in your head, but it can help to alleviate some of the pressure and stuffiness, letting you focus on other things. Heather said about 75% of the people that come to see her have benefitted from doing this massage. Give it a go and try it for yourself!
Vía Collective Evolution http://ift.tt/2ktIvLO